We are now recruiting for an apprentice to join our team in Southampton!
Business Administration Apprentice
Level 2 (intermediate) or Level 3 (Advanced)
Vacancy Short Description
Supporting both the Sales and Operation Teams the right candidate will provide business administration support incorporating a selection of general office duties. This is an opportunity to learn and develop within a small but internationally active company. We have a friendly team who will support you in your Apprentice journey. Over time there will be the opportunity to expand the role and responsibilities as you become more confident within our business and industry.
Vacancy Full Description
Your working week will be varied but typical roles and responsibilities will include:
- Responding to telephone enquiries, transferring calls and taking messages as appropriate
- Maintaining a professional level of administrative support and a willingness to assist the smooth running of the Sales Team
- Organises the logistics of meetings including location and hospitality – updating the meeting room diary, liaising with the team to ensure we have sufficient drinks available, welcoming guests to site and asking them to complete the visitor’s book. Always portraying a positive and welcoming image for guests and visitors
- Logging sales, requesting feedback on quotations, sending emails as requested and obtaining shipping costs from our Freight Forwarder
- Filing and archiving and scanning of documents
- Updating computerised and paper-based records
- Beyond administrative support, this role requires a proactive approach to tackle any task necessary to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Work closely with your office mentors to ensure that you keep on track with your carefully planned learning timetable
Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm with 1 hour paid lunch break.
We are ideally looking for a candidate that sees a long-term career with AMI and may aspire to continue their learning journey whilst working towards a team leader role over time.
Successful applicants will display the following skills:
- Ability to be proactive, flexible and comfortable in a busy environment with constantly changing priorities
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to judge when you to ask for extra support and guidance
- Focus on attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Eager to learn new skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Confident communicator
- Ideally candidates will have A*-C grade (or grade 4-9) at maths and English, if not these will be studied as functional skills alongside your apprenticeship training programme along with ICT.
To apply for this vacancy please contact Sapphire Loveday (with your CV) at email@example.com
Unit 9, Crosshouse Centre
Crosshouse Road Southampton
SO14 5GZ, UK