SMIDS MKIII coming soon!
SHIPS SPEED AND DISTANCE MEASUREMENT DEVICE
ACCURATE SAFETY INFORMATION
SMIDS MKIII is Commercial Maritime’s most economic and accurate SDME (Speed Distance Measuring Equipment) system using state of the art technology to provide vessel Distance to Berth and Course Prediction options.
The system calculates and displays vessel movement information, reporting the ground speed of the vessel’s heading and sideways movement at the bow and stern. SMIDS has an accuracy of 0.01 knots, assisting the navigating crew to make informed decisions in all sea states and weather conditions.
SMIDS has full data recording capabilities, with the internal storage retaining over 50 days of accurate ships movement information. All data may be reviewed using the supplied AMI Data Replay Software.
DESIGNED IN COMPLIANCE WITH
- IEC 61023:2007 – Marine Speed and Distance Measuring Equipment (SDME)
- IEC 61108-1 and 2 – GPS and GLONASS Receiver Equipment
- ISO 22090-3:2014 – Transmitting Heading Device
- Globally reliable, accurate and unaffected by detritus in river/estuary water, disturbed silt, or cavitation.
- Stern, Bow and Midships distance to berth information to assist with berthing.
- Predictive Course indication.
- Logs journey time and total distance travelled.
All features and specifications are preliminary and are subject to change without notice.
The approvals mentioned are currently underway and in the final stages of testing.
The SMIDS MKIII is coming soon – if you would like more information please contact our sales team at email@example.com or call +44(0)2380 480 450.
View our current full SMIDS range.
Also, follow us on LinkedIn.
For latest industry news, offers and more.